Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I'm not as dumb as I look!

I am actually quite sure I may be a genius.

I just figured out a huge ruse. 

My husband and I have been watching "Chopped" marathon style on amazon instant watch.   It's not normally his style.  He's not a big reality tv fan.  

He is however a fan of good food.  I'm a good cook, but I'm no chef. I couldn't tell you the difference between a relish and chutney or how to make a gastrique. Heck, I didn't even know the word gastrique a few weeks ago before we started watching four episodes a night. 

I'm pretty sure he doesn't even like the show, but is just watching so I can pick up tips. 

Case in point:

A few nights ago we were running late on dinner. It was just a bad day where nothing got done.  It was six thirty before I even got to cooking, thanks to a grumpy (amazingly handsome) little guy. 

So I pulled out the old mom staple that's quick and easy and I knew everyone would like, grilled cheese.  

Cheddar and American.

With green beans and a side of grilled apples with cheddar sprinkled on top to bring it all together. 

It was so good for such a simple dish. 

He tried to show me up with his plating of flounder wrapped lobster and crab cakes. He won. 

Then I upped him with my salmon cakes with avocado and yogurt sauce and red Swiss chard.  

So really, even though my meal was far superior, he still wins.

Tricky trickster!  I'm onto you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Aww, Yay! A comment for me? You're super sweet! You're my favorite commenter ever!